The Bible says in Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
In obedience to Acts 1:8 we at FBC Athens will intentionally seek to witness for Christ following the strategy given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Acts 1:8.
- Jerusalem: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 92,000 people in Limestone county primarily partnering with the Limestone Baptist Association and other Christian community organizations.
- Judea: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 5 million people in the State of Alabama primarily partnering with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions. We will seek to partner with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions in Church Planting, Disaster Relief, Evangelism, Literacy Missions and other opportunities as The Lord leads.
- Samaria: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 330 million people in the United States primarily partnering with the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. WE will seek to do this through Strategic Partnerships, Church Planting, utilizing the Send Network, Disaster Relief and other opportunities available through the North American Mission Board.
- Ends of the Earth: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 7 billion people outside the United States residing in the Americas, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- In addition we will seek to partner with our FBC Athens missionaries serving in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and Ends of the Earth.
God has called His people to serve others. Serving is not about an event, but rather infusing a “serving” culture into the DNA of FBC.
What You Will Do
Teams will engage in yard work, cleaning of homes, small jobs such as changing light bulbs, fire alarm batteries, air conditioning filters, building handrails, wheelchair ramps, distributing food boxes and other small jobs.
Serve Days will be January 28, March 11, June 10, July 22, and September 16.
Hope For Athens
1. Mission: Hope For Athens
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Date: Saturday, April 29
4. Mission Description: We will partner with many churches in our community for the purpose of bringing Hope To Athens through a clothing tent and sharing the gospel.
Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana
1. Mission: Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana “La Familia de Dios” ; Hispanic Ministry led by Pastor Raul S. Tovar Ramirez
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Date: Weekly.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Hispanic Church in a multitude of ministries with the goal of sharing the Gospel of Jesus with the Hispanic community.
1. Mission: FBC Clothes Closet led by Charlotte Osburn and Naomi Lovell.
2.Mission Location: Athens.
3. Date: Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Clothes Closet in providing clothing to friends in our community.
Limestone County Churches Involved
1. Mission: Limestone County Churches Involved, Inc.
2. Location: Athens.
3. Date: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM
4. Mission Description: Mobilize the Churches of Limestone County to transform lives in the Name of Jesus Christ by providing a prayerful and organized approach to meeting the physical needs of individuals in our community.
1. Mission: North Alabama Prison Ministry led by Catherine Johnson and Nell Owen.
2. Mission Location: Prisons in Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, and Georgia.
3. Date: Monthly.
4. Mission Description: A Correspondence Course reaching approximately 250 prisoners on a monthly basis using Source of Light curriculum.
1. Mission: Men’s Mission Team
2. Mission Location: Athens and Limestone County.
3. Mission Date: Various.
4. Mission Description: A team of men from FBC Athens who help with local construction projects as needed.
1. Mission: Full Tummy
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Mission Date: Weekly in the Fall and Spring.
4. Mission Description: Partner with the Full Tummy Project of Athens and Limestone County, a local Non-Profit Organization that is dedicated to helping end hunger in our community.
- Mission: Disaster Relief Training
- Mission Location: Various in the State of Alabama.
- Date: Various.
- Mission Description : Presently Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief Teams are being trained to receive required credentials to serve when disasters hit. Training opportunities include: Administration, Assessment, Chainsaw, Chaplaincy, Childcare, Cleanup, Communications, Mass Feeding Shower and Laundry. To register go to www.sbdr.org click Connect, click Serve and click on the Ministry you would like to be trained in. Training opportunities available at sbdr.org/events
2. Mission Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
3. Mission Date: March 26-30
4. Mission Cost: $329.00 plus transportation: $50.00 due January 26, $165.00 due February 26 and $114.00 due March 26.
5. Mission Description: Team will engage in homeless ministry, youth and children’s ministry, serve with one of the church planters with Mission Lab or partner compassion ministries, and participate in prayer walking, gospel conversations, and spiritual surveys. Our team will also receive evangelism and compassion ministry training. We will be exposed to a wide range of ministry approaches, inspire continued ministry development and engagement and be challenged to replicate compassion ministry when we come home.
1. Mission : Alaska
2. Mission Location: Soldotna, Alaska
3. Mission Date: August 19-25.
4. Mission Description: We will send a team to Soldotna, Alaska August 19-25. We will assist in construction and renovation projects at Solid Rock Bible Camp. Tasks may include cooking for the team, remodeling, new construction, framing, welding, electrical, painting, plumbing, roofing, drywall, tree removal, trail maintenance, vehicle maintenance and more. Our team can use the camp kitchen to prepare meals.
5. Mission Cost: Travel To Alaska, meals and lodging. $90.00 plus airfare.
6. To apply Click Mission Journey Application, fill out and submit by February 15, 2023.
Ends of the Earth
1. Mission: Dominican Republic
2. Mission Location: Dominican Republic
3. Mission Date: May 29-June 2
4. Mission Description:The Dominican Republic occupies two thirds of the Island of Hispaniola, part of the Greater Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean region. Both by area and population, the Dominican Republic is the second largest Caribbean nation (after Cuba) with 48,442 square kilometers and an estimated 10.77 million people. 10.84% of the population are considered evangelical Christians.
Our Team will serve in evangelistic outreach with youth and children and focus on building a genuine partnership, long-term relationships and sustainable ministry.
5. Mission Cost: $695.00 plus airfare. $278.00 due January 9, Airfare due February 1, balance of $417.00 due April 1.
1. Mission: Croatia
2. Mission Location: Mackovec.
3. Mission Date: September 25-October 1 (Subject to change)
4. Mission Description: Men are needed to assist with construction of the home of Pastor Sergey and Natasha Bochko. Pastor Bochko is a Professor at Kiev Theological Seminary, which continues to meet on Zoom. Pastor Sergey and Natasha Bochko moved to Croatia from Ukraine following the Russian invasion. Men are needed to serve with masonry, electrical, drywall, roofing, and other construction aspects of his home in Croatia.
Mission Cost: $600.00 plus airfare. Airfare due May 1, $300.00 due July 1, balance of $300.00 due August 1.