The Bible says in Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
In obedience to Acts 1:8 we at FBC Athens will intentionally seek to witness for Christ following the strategy given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Acts 1:8.
- Jerusalem: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 92,000 people in Limestone county primarily partnering with the Limestone Baptist Association and other Christian community organizations.
- Judea: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 5 million people in the State of Alabama primarily partnering with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions. We will seek to partner with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions in Church Planting, Disaster Relief, Evangelism, Literacy Missions and other opportunities as The Lord leads.
- Samaria: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 330 million people in the United States primarily partnering with the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. WE will seek to do this through Strategic Partnerships, Church Planting, utilizing the Send Network, Disaster Relief and other opportunities available through the North American Mission Board.
- Ends of the Earth: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 7 billion people outside the United States residing in the Americas, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- In addition we will seek to partner with our FBC Athens missionaries serving in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and Ends of the Earth.
1. Mission: Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana “La Familia de Dios” ; Hispanic Ministry led by Pastor Raul S. Tovar Ramirez
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Date: Weekly.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Hispanic Church in a multitude of ministries with the goal of sharing the Gospel of Jesus with the Hispanic community.
1. Mission: FBC Clothes Closet led by Charlotte Osburn and Naomi Lovell.
2.Mission Location: Athens.
3. Date: Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Clothes Closet in providing clothing to friends in our community.
1. Mission: Limestone County Churches Involved, Inc.
2. Location: Athens.
3. Date: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM
4. Mission Description: Mobilize the Churches of Limestone County to transform lives in the Name of Jesus Christ by providing a prayerful and organized approach to meeting the physical needs of individuals in our community.
1. Mission: North Alabama Prison Ministry led by Catherine Johnson and Nell Owen.
2. Mission Location: Prisons in Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, and Georgia.
3. Date: Monthly.
4. Mission Description: A Correspondence Course reaching approximately 250 prisoners on a monthly basis using Source of Light curriculum.
1. Mission: Men’s Mission Team
2. Mission Location: Athens and Limestone County.
3. Mission Date: Various.
4. Mission Description: A team of men from FBC Athens who help with local construction projects as needed.
1. Mission: Full Tummy
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Mission Date: Weekly in the Fall and Spring.
4. Mission Description: Partner with the Full Tummy Project of Athens and Limestone County, a local Non-Profit Organization that is dedicated to helping end hunger in our community.
- Mission: Disaster Relief Training
- Mission Location: Various in the State of Alabama.
- Date: Various.
- Mission Description : Presently Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief Teams are being trained to receive required credentials to serve when disasters hit. Training opportunities include: Administration, Assessment, Chainsaw, Chaplaincy, Childcare, Cleanup, Communications, Mass FeedingShower and Laundry. To register go to www.sbdr.org click Connect, click Serve and click on the Ministry you would like to be trained in.
1. Mission: Construction and Evangelism.
2. Mission Location: Bennington, Vermont.
3. Date: April 24-29. Mission Description: We will send a team to Bennington, Vermont, April 24-29, to assist in the construction of nine dormitories for student housing at Northeastern Baptist College. Potential needed skills may include Concrete, framing, roofing, plumbing, insulation, drywall, painting, cement siding, finish, electrical, and meal preparation. Lodging will be in either one of two local churches or a Christian school, which have kitchen and shower facilities. Our team will provide their own meals and cooks. 5. Mission cost: Travel to Vermont , meals and lodging. $700.00 (Subject to change with flights and lodging in the church or school).
6. To Apply Click Mission Journey Application, fill out and submit by March 21.
1. Mission : Alaska
2. Mission Location: Soldotna, Alaska
3. Mission Date: August 27-September 2.
4. Mission Description: We will send a team to Soldotna, Alaska August 27-September 2. We will assist in construction and renovation projects at Solid Rock Bible Camp. Tasks may include cooking for the team, remodeling, new construction, framing, welding, electrical, painting, plumbing, roofing, drywall, tree removal, trail maintenance, vehicle maintenance and more. Our team can use the camp kitchen to prepare meals.
5. Mission Cost: Travel To Alaska, meals and lodging. $900.00 (Subject to change, with flights and lodging at the Camp.)
6. To apply Click Mission Journey Application, fill out and submit by July 1.
Ends of the Earth
FBC Athens primarily partners with the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention in carrying out the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations.
The vision of the IMB is a multitude from every language, people , tribe and nation knowing and worshipping our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rev. 7:9)
Presently, due to the Coronavirus pandemic , we will support our International Mission Board missionaries through prayer and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. You may learn more about prayer needs through the FBC Athens Global Missions or IMB Facebook.
FBC Athens, effective November 27, 2021, is not sponsoring short term International Mission trips because of the Covid-19 Testing Requirements required for U.S. Entry . To learn more go to Travel.state.gov click Covid-19 Testing required for U.S. Entry.