FBC Athens Man Church
Man Church: Be a man…follow Jesus
The Men’s Ministry Strategy of FBC Athens is The Man Church. The Man Church is a field tested resource for challenging and equipping men to be who God created them to be. Disciple men, change everything.
The Man Church Discipleship Strategy.
The Man Church Discipleship Strategy is designed to launch men into a recurring discipleship loop. This is accomplished by utilizing quarterly large group gatherings as a funnel for small group Bible study.
Small Group Bible study
This is accomplished on Zoom on Wednesday nights from 8:00 – 9:00 PM. This is where our men will have a never ending discipleship experience. We are presently using The Pursuit Curriculum. The Pursuit challenges men to model their lives and their manhood after Jesus by spending 5 weeks each on 8 characteristics modeled by Christ. The characteristics are Identity, Integrity, Purpose, Surrender, Passion, Commitment, Compassion and Influence. The goal of the The Pursuit is to fuel discipleship efforts and help men become who God created them to be.
Quarterly Large Group Gatherings
This is where wee bring our men together 4 times a year for large group gatherings. These will be corporate worship services where men are challenged from God’s Word.
These are planned activities for the purpose of connecting and building friendships doing awesome activities.
2021 Man Church Event Calendar
Monday Nights from 5:00 to 6:00 PM at 360 Fitness in Athens : Men’s Workout and Bible study.
February 11 – 14: Winter Retreat; Winter Park, Colorado
February 19: Men’s Conference Clements Baptist Church
March 20: Skeet Shoot, Corn Hole Tournament and Bar B Que at Glaze Farms
May 6: Top Golf
June 18-19: Gridiron in Huntsville
July 15: Men’s Mission Project in Athens
July 23: A Night of Champions with Auburn Quarterback Bo Nix and Coach Patrick Nix at Lindsay Lane Baptist Church
July 24: Whitewater Rafting on the Ocoee River
August 1- 31: Registration for Softball League. Register at www.athensalabama.us
August 7: Reginald Hill Britt Memorial Golf Tournament
August 12: Men’s Conference at FBC Athens with Rick Burgess
September 23: Football Tailgate Fellowship
Be a man…follow Jesus…join Man Church
The Bible says in Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
In obedience to Acts 1:8 we at FBC Athens will intentionally seek to witness for Christ following the strategy given by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Acts 1:8.
- Jerusalem: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 92,000 people in Limestone county primarily partnering with the Limestone Baptist Association and other Christian community organizations.
- Judea: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 5 million people in the State of Alabama primarily partnering with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions. We will seek to partner with the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions in Church Planting, Disaster Relief, Evangelism, Literacy Missions and other opportunities as The Lord leads.
- Samaria: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 330 million people in the United States primarily partnering with the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. WE will seek to do this through Strategic Partnerships, Church Planting, utilizing the Send Network, Disaster Relief and other opportunities available through the North American Mission Board.
- Ends of the Earth: We will seek to be witnesses for Christ to the approximately 7 billion people outside the United States residing in the Americas, Central Asia, East Asia, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- In addition we will seek to partner with our FBC Athens missionaries serving in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and Ends of the Earth.
1. Mission: Primera Iglesia Bautista Hispana “La Familia de Dios” ; Hispanic Ministry led by Pastor Raul S. Tovar Ramirez
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Date: Weekly.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Hispanic Church in a multitude of ministries with the goal of sharing the Gospel of Jesus with the Hispanic community .
1. Mission: FBC Clothes Closet led by Charlotte Osburn and Naomi Lovell.
2.Mission Location: Athens.
3. Date: Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
4. Mission Description: Partner with our Clothes Closet in providing clothing to friends in our community.
- Mission : SERVE 256 led by Kevin Ward.
- Mission Location: Athens
- Date: July 11-15
- Mission Description: Partner with the Limestone Baptist Association in Block Parties and Service projects in the grater Athens area.
- Schedule: Sunday, July 11. 6:00 PM Gather at Tanner High School for orientation and to view projects for Monday.
- Monday- Thursday, July 12-15: 8:00 AM : Meet at Tanner High School for Team Devotional and to begin projects. 12:00 PM Lunch . 4:00 PM Dismiss for the day.
- Cost: $25.00 for shirt and lunches. High School Aged Volunteers and above. Register by June 10 by e mailing name, Age and Shirt size to Crystal Sims at Crystal@limestonebaptist.org
1. Mission: Limestone County Churches Involved, Inc.
2. Location: Athens.
3. Date: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM
4. Mission Description: Mobilize the Churches of Limestone County to transform lives in the Name of Jesus Christ by providing a
prayerful and organized approach to meeting the physical needs of individuals in our community.
1. Mission: North Alabama Prison Ministry led by Catherine Johnson and Nell Owen.
2. Mission Location: Prisons in Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, and Georgia.
3. Date: Monthly.
4. Mission Description: A Correspondence Course reaching approximately 250 prisoners on a monthly basis using Source of Light
1. Mission: Men’s Mission Team
2. Mission Location: Athens and Limestone County.
3. Mission Date: Various.
4. Mission Description: A team of men from FBC Athens who help with local construction projects as needed.
1. Mission: Full Tummy
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Mission Date: Weekly in the Fall and Spring.
4. Mission Description: Partner with the Full Tummy Project of Athens and Limestone County, a local Non-Profit Organization that is dedicated to helping end hunger in our community.
1. Mission: Hope for Athens
2. Mission Location: Athens
3. Mission Date: Saturday, November 6
4. Mission Description: Collaborative effort of churches in the Athens Limestone Ministerial Alliance to provide hope to the the city of Athens and Limestone County through the Gospel, Bar B Que, distribution of food boxes, shoes, haircuts, family portraits and a Kid’s Zone.
1. Mission: Summer Food Box Distribution
2. Mission Location: FBC Athens
3. Mission Date: Friday(Food Box Assembly) and Saturday (Distribution), July 9-10.
4. Mission Description: FBC will partner with Manna House to distribute 100 Food Boxes July 10 from 10 AM until 12 Noon.
- Mission: Disaster Relief Training
- Mission Location: Various in the State of Alabama.
- Date: Various.
- Mission Description : Presently Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief Teams are being trained to receive required credentials to serve when disasters hit. Training opportunities include: Administration, Assessment, Chainsaw, Chaplaincy, Childcare, Cleanup, Communications, Mass FeedingShower and Laundry. To register go to www.sbdr.org click Connect, click Serve and click on the Ministry you would like to be trained in.
1. Mission : Wyoming
2. Mission Location: Casper, Wyoming
3. Date: June 7-12
4. Mission Description: A team is needed to rebuild a perimeter fence around a youth camp. Teams will cut down available lodge
pole pine to utilize as fencing materials. Some light construction projects are also needed in preparation for reopening camp. Teams will need to be prepared for some heavy lifting , chainsaw work and light construction. Housing will be provided in a nearby cabin. Team will be responsible for purchasing their own food and preparing meals. A commercial kitchen is also available for use by teams. Team should secure a vehicle so they can go into town and purchase food.
New York City
1. Mission: Graffiti 2 Ministries in New York City
2. Mission Location: South Bronx, New York City.
3. Date: Sunday, October 10 – Saturday, October 16
4. Mission Description: Serve with Graffiti 2 Ministries in community engagement and evangelism in the Mott Haven community of South Bronx. Many of these projects will involve working with kids to help encourage them and grow their confidence through after school tutoring and mentoring, helping with homework, playing games and activities, as well as Bible study.
5. Cost: $300 . This includes ministry projects and meals. Lodging and Transportation is not included.
6. Application and $200 deposit due: May 1. Balance due: August 1.
Ends of the Earth
FBC Athens primarily partners with the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention in carrying out the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations.
The vision of the IMB is a multitude from every language, people , tribe and nation knowing and worshipping our Lord Jesus Christ. (Rev. 7:9)
Presently, due to the Coronavirus pandemic , we will support our International Mission Board missionaries through prayer and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. You may learn more about prayer needs through the FBC Athens Global Missions or IMB Facebook.
FBC Athens, effective January 26, 2021, is not sponsoring short term International Mission trips because of the Covid-19 Testing Requirements required for U.S. Entry . To learn more go to Travel.state.gov click Covid-19 Testing required for U.S. Entry.
The Evangelism Strategy of FBC Athens is Evangelism Explosion.
Evangelism Explosion is a ministry that trains people how to share their faith in Christ and how to bring people from unbelief to belief. It utilizes a variety of components including prayer, actual on-the-job training where the experienced lead the inexperienced, and the principle of spiritual multiplication.
“Multiplication” is the key component, not just winning people to the Lord one-by-one (addition). But training those won to the Lord to win, and then train, others. In the Book of Acts we read that the disciples “multiplied exceedingly.” This shift from addition to spiritual multiplication offers the one real hope of sharing the Gospel with a world population that is, itself, continually multiplying.
On-the-job training is another vital ingredient. By actually going out with experienced trainers in real life witnessing situations, people learn how to share their faith. Much like learning to fly an airplane would be impossible without actually getting into the cockpit, evangelism is difficult without leaving the confines of a classroom.
By learning small parts of the Gospel each week, including Bible verses and illustrations, people incrementally grasp a Gospel tool thatr becomes a lifelong mission.
Evangelism Explosion begins with a Share Your Faith Workshop.
Share Your Faith is a Workshop from Evangelism Explosion that introduces a Gospel presentation that is easy to learn, fun to share, and hard to forget. In a Share Your Faith workshop you’ll:
1) Learn a method of sharing the Gospel you will not easily forget.
2) Be given a tool you will use the rest of your life!
3) Catch a renewed vision and enthusiasm for winning others to the Lord.
4) Renew your passion for witnessing with a glimpse of the heart of God.
5) Discover ways to cultivate friendships into opportunities to share The Gospel.
Share Your Faith Workshops also helps you discern where God is working and show you how to join Him in it. You’ll learn how to engage people spiritually and pleasantly.
Check back for a schedule of EE Workshops.